Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's New Wednesday - Before & After

A couple months ago, I purchased several clearance outfits that were super cute but too small or too big for my kids.  My husband looked at me like I was crazy!  But I knew, that I could take these home and make them into outfits for dolls.  In hindsight, all I was expecting was to use the fabric and make several items, not necessarily replicating the actual outfit.


2T 2 piece outfit - $2.50
 So last night, I actually sat down with one of the outfits, ripped it apart, and then rebuilt it into a cute doll outfit.  What do you think?



I have a few more outfits that I will also replicating, but I wanted to make sure I got one of them on here for the blog post today :)

Ok, I know that I don't usually make people clothes...but a friend of mine (remember Cathy who made my mom's birthday cake from Cathy's Cakes?) asked me well over a year ago to make her daughter and doll matching outfits.  Unfortunately, I kept forgetting about it, and it got put in the back of mind.  This past weekend, I got the bug to create a pattern and practice making one of the outfits for her daughter.  And it came out great!  Of course this is not the REAL one, hers is going to be minnie mouse-inspired, so I just picked out some extra fabric I had laying around. I'm so excited about it, that I might even consider actually doing more girl's clothing.  MAYBE.  Anyway here's a pic of the practice dress:  (BTW, I don't normally dress my son in drag...he was just the only person small enough around to help me with fitting issues)


Well that's all for now, kiddies.  Have a great day!

Ciao Bellas!





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this! What super ideas you come up with and sizing down that outfit for a doll is fabulous! And I think you're on to something with making kids' clothes - always a market for those.

    Your son looks adorable in that dress ... but don't tell him I said so. ;)

    ReplyDelete