Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's New Wednesday - Beachwear, Minnie Wear, Arm Wear, OH MY!

If you didn't notice...I missed last week's edition.  I'm sorry, I don't even know what happened, and I don't even want to think about it!  Ok, with that being said, on to today's features!


First off is...Beachwear!  I have had a few "beach" type items in the shop, but this past week I received a request to make some more.  So, I put my nose to the grindstone and VOILA!  Of course, these outfits are not suitable to actually "swim" in; and you shouldn't put American Girl Dolls in water, anyway.  But they are super cute and super ready for sunbathing next to the community pool!



Next up, this super cute dress that I'm working on for a friend of mine (remember Cathy from Cathy's Cakes).  After a mocking up a dress for her to meet the approval (refer to son abuse here), I got sidetracked with other goings-on and it got put on the side burner.  Well today, after deliberation from my Facebook friends on what to make today, I started the actual Minnie-inspired dress!  YAY!  This is not the completed dress, I still have to add the bottom ruffle/underskirt which will be the black and white polka dots, but I thought I would share it with you!  After this is done, I will then make a matching doll-size dress...will post pictures when I get to that point.




In July, the new shop will be opening, showcasing some of my non-doll items.  In a previous post I showed you some lunch "accessories" that will be there, but today I'm sharing one of the purses that will be included also.  This purse was made using a pattern from KeykaLou; isn't it super cute!



All right, I think that's enough for today...isn't it?  I just counted how many times I said "super cute" in this post, and I'm a bit nauseated - why didn't someone stop me?  Well off to study a thesaurus and finish up some other projects!  See you next wednesday!


Ciao Bellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment