Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's New Wednesday - European Vacation

A few years ago, I found this material that had a fun mesh look to it, without being tacky mesh.  I bought a yard of it, and brought it home, dreaming of outfits that I could make with it.  Unfortunately, I put it aside, and forgot about it.  The other day, I came across it again, and decided that I was finally going to put it to use.  Which then inspired me to go make another outfit that fit into a fun vacation-style ensemble - yes I too, will buy a new outfit JUST to go on vacation...


So here are today's new features:

These outfits will not be offered in the shop for at least another week.  They are both heading to Florence for a fun photo shoot - can't wait to see the pictures!  Of course you can always still check out Camelot's Treasures for other fun outfits for 18" dolls (including American Girl and BFC Ink Club)!

On a side note, today is my mom's birthday - Happy Birthday Ma!  However since I'm a million miles away from here, I unfortunately can not celebrate with her; this is a common occurrence since we are a military family.  But every year I try to make sure she gets something special, especially since my dad and brother's are exactly on the same page as I am.  This year I bartered with a friend of mine who is starting up a small business of her own.  What she came up with was COMPLETELY awesome, I bow down to her cake decorating greatness!  Here's the cake she made for my mom:


She even personalized it with the eye colors of my brother's and me (the big bunny is my mom, and the 4 smaller bunnies are my brothers).  How cute is this?!

So if you are in the Paducah area (West Kentucky for all you non locals) and in need of a awesome custom cake for any occasion be sure to check out Cathy's site at Cathy's Cakes!

Ciao Bellas!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely outfits and oh, what an adorable cake! Happy B'day to your mom!

    And hey, I've been to Paducah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it the cake and the outfits! Thanks to Liberty Jane on Facebook, I found your blog! So excited!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you so much Rough Magic Creations :) Thank you so much for posting this, I was so honored to do it for her. I am so glad you guys loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfits! Particularly the one on the left. This just gave me a great idea for a doll sweater!

    http://www.knitsforkids.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete